Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: CBB • Tuesday Service Plays • 1/5/16

Home Forums NCAA BB Service Plays CBB • Tuesday Service Plays • 1/5/16 Reply To: CBB • Tuesday Service Plays • 1/5/16

admin
Keymaster

STRIKE POINT SPORTS

Tuesday’s ‘College Basketball Plays’

7-Unit Play. #744 Take Creighton (-3.5)
over Georgetown
(9 p.m., Tuesday, January 5)
Outside of an early season away game to local rival Maryland (which they lost), the Hoyas have made zero attempts at challenging themselves on the road this season. Even at home, this Georgetown team has some serious red flag results, losing both to Radford and UNC Ashville. And now that Big East play has them travelling for league games, Georgetown will find it tough to quickly acclimate themselves for a test away from their home floor. Creighton is scoring 91 points at home this year, while the Hoyas are only putting up 67 points in road games. More importantly, the Hoyas beat Creighton by 27 points in Omaha last year, so you can bet this game has been circled for a while now. Not only will the Bluejays want to return a little bit of that punishment they took in their own gym last year, but this season Creighton is actually the better team. The Bluejays are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games following a loss, and they are coming off a double-digit loss to a red hot Villanova team. Well, Creighton is too good at home to be dealt consecutive home losses. I don’t believe in Georgetown enough on the road, and I have a lot of confidence in this Bluejays team at home, not just coming off a loss but also considering that result last year to G-Town and the overall talent they have this season. The Bluejays have gone 10-3 ATS in their last 13 home games, and their average margin of victory at home this year is by 24 points. This one won’t be that one-sided, but Creighton still pulls away in the second half and wins by 12, 84-72.

3-Unit Play. #713 Take Minnesota (+6)
over Penn State
(7 p.m., Tuesday, January 5)
Penn State’s 9-6 record is the definition of smoke and mirrors. And even though Minnesota’s 6-8 record suggests even less, the Gophers are better. This Minnesota team is young, but they are talented. And I think oddsmakers are silly for giving this many points from the Nittany Lions. Minnesota started the Big Ten schedule by facing Ohio State in Columbus and hosting then No. 1 Michigan State, and I think the line is jaded based on those results. Penn State is scoring 66 points per game this year, and they aren’t a good enough offense to make me think this team can win convincingly enough against anyone. Give me the points, and look for an outright Gophers win.

3-Unit Play. #730 Take Syracuse (-5)

over Clemson
(8 p.m., Tuesday, January 5)
I don’t think a whole lot of either of these ACC teams, but Clemson is going to get smacked in the Carrier Dome tonight. Syracuse had a pretty demanding start to conference play, having traveled to Pittsburgh for a tough contest, then going to Miami to face the talented Hurricanes. Well, at least here they get a chance to fire back strong on their home court. Syracuse is giving up just 57 points per game at home, while Clemson is allowing 80 on the road. The 2-3 zone will help the Orange bounce back and push past the Tigers, along with a cover in the process.