Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: NBA • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16

Home Forums NBA Service Plays NBA • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16 Reply To: NBA • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16

admin
Keymaster

Preview: Dallas At New Orleans

When: 8:00 PM ET, Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Where: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, Louisiana

The New Orleans Pelicans look to defeat Dallas for the third consecutive time and win the season series when they host the Mavericks on Wednesday. The Mavericks won the first meeting before New Orleans claimed the next two matchups, including Saturday’s 105-98 victory in Dallas.

The Mavericks pulled out an improbable 117-116 double-overtime victory over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday to halt a two-game skid. Dallas scored the game’s final eight points and guard Deron Williams knocked down a game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer to stun the Kings. “When you’re down seven with 1:20 to go, you have to pitch a perfect game,” Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said afterward. “The odds are 1-in-100 that you can actually do it, but you’ve got to have belief.” Pelicans star power forward Anthony Davis had 31 points and 14 rebounds in Saturday’s win over Dallas and has 10 double-doubles in the past 12 games.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, FSN Southwest (Dallas), FSN New Orleans

ABOUT THE MAVERICKS (20-15): Williams’ big shot capped his second-highest scoring game of the season and came in his return to the starting lineup after a recent hamstring injury. He scored 25 points on 10-of-18 shooting and played 43 minutes after playing just 41 total the previous two contests following a four-game absence. “We didn’t want to go into a three-game road trip with a loss on our hands,” Williams said afterward. “It was ugly. It’s not how we drew it up, but it’s a win and that’s big for the morale for this team.”

ABOUT THE PELICANS (11-22): Guard Tyreke Evans (knee) missed the victory over Dallas and is rated as questionable to play in Wednesday’s contest. Evans had surgery prior to the season and recently developed a case of tendinitis. “I felt something last game and I went to the trainers and they looked at it,” Evans told reporters, referring to the Dec. 31 contest against the Los Angeles Clippers. “It felt like sharp pains so I wanted to be cautious. They’re going to see if I’m ready for Wednesday.”

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Mavericks defeated the Pelicans 11 out of 12 times before dropping the last two meetings.

2. New Orleans F Quincy Pondexter (knee) is listed as questionable and could make his season debut.

3. Dallas SF Chandler Parsons (hip) is an uncertain participant after being injured Tuesday.

PREDICTION: Pelicans 99, Mavericks 98