Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16

Home Forums NHL Service Plays NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16 Reply To: NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16

admin
Keymaster

Preview: Carolina at Vancouver

When: 10:00 PM ET, Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Where: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia

The Carolina Hurricanes will be trying to end a drought of more than 16 years when they visit the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night. The Hurricanes are looking to avoid a third straight defeat after suffering consecutive overtime losses to Nashville and Edmonton, but they will need to beat the Canucks in Vancouver for the first time since Oct. 15, 1999.

Goaltender Eddie Lack, who spent his first two seasons with Vancouver before he was acquired by Carolina in June, will get the start against his former teammates. While the Hurricanes have managed to go 4-3-2 over their last nine games despite scoring only 15 goals, they will be facing another offensively challenged club. The Canucks have produced only eight goals during a 3-2-0 stretch after dropping a 3-2 decision to Arizona on Monday night. Wednesday’s matchup marks the fifth contest of a season-high seven-game homestand for Vancouver.

TV: 10 p.m. ET, FSN Carolinas, RSN Pacific (Vancouver)

ABOUT THE HURRICANES (16-17-7): Lack, who went 34-30-9 with a 2.43 goals-against average in his two seasons with Vancouver, told the Raleigh News & Observer: “If there’s one game I’ve been looking at on the calendar, it’s the Vancouver game.” After a pair of shaky starts in which he gave up four goals in each prior to the Christmas break, Lack has permitted a scant five goals during a 2-0-1 stretch. The Hurricanes have failed to score on 12 power-play opportunities over the past seven games, but they have kill off a dozen short-handed situations during the same span.

ABOUT THE CANUCKS (15-16-9): Defenseman Alex Edler was sent home Tuesday due to the flu, but Daniel Sedin was back on the ice despite losing four teeth in Monday’s loss and forward Sven Baertschi also practiced after missing two games with an upper body injury. Baertschi, who ended a 13-game drought by scoring in three consecutive contests before the Christmas hiatus, expects to play Wednesday. “It was bad timing with the injury, but I’m glad I didn’t miss too much,” Baertschi told the team’s website. “I still feel like I did before – confident and ready to go.”

OVERTIME

1. Canucks G Jacob Markstrom is expected to make his sixth straight start in place of an ailing Ryan Miller,

2. Carolina confirmed on Tuesday that rookie F Phil Di Giuseppe sustained a concussion in Saturday’s loss to Nashville.

3. The Canucks scored a power-play goal Monday after failing on 20 straight chances over the previous nine games.

PREDICTION: Canucks 3, Hurricanes 2