Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16

Home Forums NHL Service Plays NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16 Reply To: NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 1/6/16

admin
Keymaster

JASON SHARPE

‘GAME OF THE MONTH’

6 Unit Play Take #59 St. Louis -120
over Colorado
(10:05pm est):
The St. Louis Blues open up here in the first of three games out west playing at Colorado and as I’ve stated before I like backing teams in their first game of a road trip especially when coming off a loss in their last game. The Blues aren’t a very happy group right now as they’ve dropped 3 straight and all in games in which they had the early lead. They also outshot those teams by an average of 6 shots per game for those 3 contests while averaging a whopping 37 shots per game. The Blues last game was the toughest defeat of the 3 losses as they jumped out to a 2-0 lead before allowing the final 3 goals of the game and losing in overtime. The bottom line is this Blues team hasn’t been playing as poorly as it looks. They come into this one not only looking to get off to a good start on the road and to snap their losing streak but they also will have revenge on their minds here in this game.

These two teams last faced each other over 3 weeks ago and St. Louis totally dominated that game with a huge 43-18 advantage on shots on goal. Despite the huge edge in shots for the game the Avalanche somehow won the contest by a 3-1 score. Colorado has dropped 4 of their last 5 home games coming into this one. They rank dead last in the advanced stat that I like to follow, Corsi for %. They’ve been more lucky than good of late as well with 7 wins in their last 11 games but were outshot in those 11 contests by over 6 shots per game overall. Keep in mind that Colorado failed to make the playoffs last year and finishing in last place in the Central division while St.Louis not only was the Central division winner last season but the Blues finished tied with the Anaheim for 1st in total points in the Western Conference.

Play St. Louis in this game.