Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: CBB • Saturday Service Plays • 1/9/16

Home Forums NCAA BB Service Plays CBB • Saturday Service Plays • 1/9/16 Reply To: CBB • Saturday Service Plays • 1/9/16

admin
Keymaster

STRIKE POINT SPORTS

Saturday’s College Basketball Plays

3-Unit Play. #532 Take Air Force (-2)
over Nevada (2 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
Oddsmakers have shorted the home team here. Air Force have been dominant at home this year with an 8-1 record. Nevada is 1-6 in road games, including three straight blowout losses. The home team has won five of the past six meetings between these two, and Air Force keeps it up with a good win here.

3-Unit Play. #535 Take UTEP (+10.5)
over UAB (2 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
I know UAB have been rolling, but I think tis UTEP team can keep up with them here. Give me the large number here, as I see the Miners hanging with the Blazers throughout this one. UTEP has ten wins on the year so far and six players scoring at least ten points per game. They’ll be good value for the money as an underdog in Birmingham today.

3-Unit Play. #537 Take Ball State (+7)
over Ohio (2 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
I know Ohio has been known to have a good home court advantage, but actually I think Ball State is the better team for what they have shown this season. The points will be good here. The Cardinals have the confidence from a 10-4 start, and they’ll make this one close.

3-Unit Play. #690 Take Eastern Washington (-2.5)
over Idaho (3 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
I’ll say this much about EWU, they’ve earned some good frequent flyer miles so far this year. The Eagles have played 11 of their 14 games away from home this year, so their 3-0 home record probably gets losts in the shuffle. And after having finished a six-game road trip over the last month, you’d think this is as good a spot to back this team as there will be this season. Let’s not forget this is a good offensive squad. They run and gun and push the pace. Back at home I think they’ll respond well and get on the board in league play over Idaho.

3-Unit Play. #571 Take Toledo (-2)
over Miami (OH) (4 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
Bounce back game for the Rockets here, having lost their MAC opener earlier this week. Toledo have dominated this series of late, winning the last five meetings over the last four years over Miami. Again they are the better team, and having laid an egg last time out, I see them being on their A-game and avoiding an 0-2 league start.

3-Unit Play. #582 Take William Mary (-2)
over Northeastern (4 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
The Tribe have been money at home this year (7-1), and William and Mary have covered four straight games entering this home clash this afternoon. We cashed them last weekend in a similar spot, and today I think they deal Northeastern their first conference loss of the year after beginning 3-0. William Mary strong again at home in winning fashion.

6-Unit Play. #592 Take Pepperdine (+9)
over Saint Mary’s (4 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
I may continue to eat crow by calling this Saint Mary’s team overrated, but so be it. Here I finally think we’ll see the Gaels slow a bit, at least for a game. I know Saint Mary’s have been blistering hot, but oddsmakers are simply buying into a false bravado of sorts. 14-1 is 14-1 no doubt, but this team’s schedule ranks 241 in the country. Eight of these wins came against teams outside the RPI Top 150, all eight worse than Pepperdine. Product of a soft non-conference run. Saint Mary’s have also done the majority of their damage (12 of 14 wins) at home, while the Waves are undefeated in Malibu (6-0). In fact, Pepperdine was actually predicted to finish ahead of the Gaels this year, and the 9-6 Waves still have yet to hit their stride. Each of the first two league games were at home for Pepperdine. The Waves won both but not impressively, so I believe they’ll be ready for their best game yet. Saint Mary’s is always a big game for Pepperdine in the WCC, and the Gaels’ hot streak will only further motivate the home team to step up to knock their opponents from their current perch. I do not see a breeze-by game for the road team, and I quite frankly Saint Mary’s will have a hard time winning this one outright, to be honest.

3-Unit Play. #602 Take UCLA (-5)
over Arizona State (5 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
If this were a road spot after the Bruins’ upset win over Arizona, then I might call for a letdown. But UCLA is coming off losses at Washington and Washington State prior to their home win against the Wildcats. And I expect Steve Alford’s team to keep the foot on the gas here in Westwood. UCLA have covered the last three meetins between the Sun Devils, while the home team have won five straight in this series and eight of the past ten. Bruins cover the number with another Pac 12 victory at home.

3-Unit Play. #617 Take Hofstra (-3)
over Elon (6 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
The Pride lost last time out in a road conference game, and I am backing them thinking they avoid two in a row. Hofstra are the better team for my money, and they have the best player in this game in Juan’ya Green. Five double digit double scorers lead the way for a balanced and strong offensive squad. Hofstra edge Elon in this one.

3-Unit Play. #623 Take Texas (-3)
over TCU (7 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
After evening up their Big 12 record, we’re getting on Texas here to continue with another leage win in Fort Worth. TCU started their conference schedule with two losses, and before that they played a bunch of unlined games vs. nobodies. I think Texas is headed in the right direction, and they take care of TCU and the modest number in this in-state match-up.

3-Unit Play. #647 Take Louisiana-Lafayette (-2)

over Arkansas State (8:05 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
The Cajuns are 0-7 on the road this year but still favored for a reason. We played ULL last time out against Arkansas-Little Rock but couldn’t cash as an underdog. This spot as a road favorite will play out more favorably for them. Arkansas State are 5-14 ATS in their last 19 home games. ULL have gone 5-0 both SU and ATS in the last five meetings, and I don’t see this one being any different.

3-Unit Play. #655 Take East Carolina (+9.5)
over Temple (9 p.m., Saturday, January 9)
I’m taking the underdog here because I not only think this is too many points, but I also don’t really like Temple as a big favorite. The Owls’ scoring average so far have them allowing more points than scoring, and I don’t see a big runaway game here. Temple have had good wins at UConn and Cincy, but again, those were both as double digit underdog spots. I don’t think they’ll play as well knowing they priced this high at home. Grab the points and ECU here.

Best of Luck – Strike Point Sports