Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: NBA • Sunday Service Plays • 1/10/16

Home Forums NBA Service Plays NBA • Sunday Service Plays • 1/10/16 Reply To: NBA • Sunday Service Plays • 1/10/16

admin
Keymaster

Preview: Oklahoma City At Portland

When: 9:00 PM ET, Sunday, January 10, 2016
Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter, Portland, Oregon

The Portland Trail Blazers have increased their point total in each of the last two games after scoring a season low 78, but they’ve also allowed more points in both. The Trail Blazers will try to snap out of a three-game funk when they host the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday.

Damian Lillard scored 40 points on Friday but Portland still suffered a 128-108 loss to the Golden State Warriors to drop to 0-3 on the five-game homestand. “I don’t know if demoralizing is the right word, but certainly, it was frustrating,” Trail Blazers coach Terry Stotts told reporters. “I think the frustrating part about the start was we were getting good shots, we just couldn’t score.” Things don’t get much easier against the Thunder, who are second only to the Warriors in scoring (108.9 per game) and have put up an average of 115 in winning six of their last seven. Oklahoma City has won 15 of its last 18 contests and began the three-game road trip by squeezing out a 117-113 win over the Los Angeles Lakers.

TV: 9 p.m. ET, FSN Oklahoma, CSN Northwest (Portland)

ABOUT THE THUNDER (26-11): Oklahoma City needed to grind its way to a win against the worst team in the Western Conference on Friday and got 24 points on 10-of-15 shooting from Kevin Durant in the contest. “Whoever is in front of us, we’re just trying to get better,” Durant told reporters. “We didn’t play as well as we wanted to (against the Lakers) but sometimes you have to dig deep and get those wins. You never want to take a win for granted.” The superstar is 27-of-46 from the field in his last three games.

ABOUT THE TRAIL BLAZERS (15-24): Lillard missed seven games while dealing with plantar fasciitis and looked rusty in the first two games back while going 11-of-39 from the field. The point guard found his form on Friday while becoming the first Portland player to record 40 points and 10 assists in the same game since Clyde Drexler. “I’m a confident basketball player and coming off of injury, I knew that I would get it going eventually,” Lillard told the media. “(Friday), I knew that it was going to be a challenge for us defensively and offensively because of who they are. I just felt good. It was a challenge and it’s only right that you come in for that challenge and you embrace it.”

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Thunder G Russell Westbrook is shooting 35.4 percent from the floor in four games this month despite scoring 36 points on Friday.

2. Portland G Allen Crabbe scored in double figures in nine of the last 10 games.

3. Oklahoma City has taken the last two meetings, including a 106-90 home triumph on Dec. 16.

PREDICTION: Thunder 115, Trail Blazers 102