Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Monday Service Plays 9/7/15

Home Forums MLB Service Plays MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Monday Service Plays 9/7/15 Reply To: MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Monday Service Plays 9/7/15

admin
Keymaster

STEVE MERRIL

Screen Shot Monday

Mets @ Nationals — Washington’s Max Scherzer isn’t in the best of form right now. He has allowed 7 hits or more in four of his last five starts, and he hasn’t won an outing since July 30th when he beat the Marlins in Miami. Scherzer does have good numbers in two starts against the Mets, allowing just 1 earned run and nine hits over 14.2 innings of work. New York’s Jon Niese is also trending downward. Niese has given up 18 runs and 23 hits in his last three outings. The southpaw’s only start against Washington came at home back on May 2nd when he allowed 1 run and nine hits in seven innings of work. With conflicting numbers on both sides, this game is a tough handicap.

Giants @ Diamondbacks — San Francisco’s Mike Leake has not lost in seven career starts against the Diamondbacks. Leake has a 2.29 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in 13 road starts this season. Arizona’s Pat Corbin owns a 2.79 ERA in five home starts, but he only has one win to show for it. With two pitchers in their best roles, I like Under 8 (-110) in this game.

Braves @ Phillies — Atlanta has lost 12 straight games while scoring 4 runs or more in just three of those games. Their pitching staff has allowed 4 runs or more in eleven of those twelve games; the Braves have seemingly checked out for the season. But Philadelphia’s Aaron Harang is 5-14 with a 4.89 ERA in 24 home starts. Still, I want no part of Atlanta, so I lean to the Phillies (-140) in this game.

Astros @ A’s — Houston’s Mike Fiers has only made two starts over a 17-day span entering Monday afternoon’s game. Fiers has won his last two outings, including his no-hitter at home over the Dodgers. He held the A’s to just 1 run and five hits in 6.2 innings pitched in Oakland back on August 9th. Oakland’s Felix Doubront has pitched better as of late, giving up 5 runs and 12 hits over his last 14 innings of work. The Astros are only hitting .240 while averaging 3.9 runs per game versus left-handed starters this season. The A’s are a live home underdog at +125 in this game.