Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Tuesday Service Plays 9/8/15

Home Forums MLB Service Plays MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Tuesday Service Plays 9/8/15 Reply To: MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Tuesday Service Plays 9/8/15

admin
Keymaster

STEVE MERRIL

Screen Shot Tuesday

Mets @ Nationals — New York will start Matt Harvey, but questions abound. There has been a lot of talk this week about an innings limit for Harvey and his availability for the playoffs. The righty has already thrown 166.1 innings on the season. Overall, Harvey is 12-7 with a 2.76 ERA and 1.02 WHIP. He lost his last start against Washington back on July 20th after giving up 5 runs and five hits in seven innings of work. Harvey is 3-2 with a 1.32 ERA and 0.90 WHIP in eight career starts against the Nationals. The Mets look like a solid play in this game, but with the uncertainty of Harvey, I decided to back off.

Rockies @ Padres — Colorado’s Jon Gray has pitched well in his two road starts this season, but he is still looking for his first win. But Gray doesn’t go deep in games, and that means a horrible Rockies bullpen will throw extra innings in this game. San Diego’s Colin Rea is 2-2 with a 5.47 ERA in five starts this season. He has also struggled to go deep in games, averaging less than five innings per start. I lean Over 7.5 (+100) in this game.

Rays @ Tigers — Tampa Bay’s Erasmo Ramirez has shown some cracks after an incredible start to the season. The righty has allowed 4 runs or more in two of his last three starts, and in five of his last eight starts overall. Detroit’s Matt Boyd is 1-5 with an 8.27 ERA and 1.84 WHIP in eight starts this season. Tampa Bay is 24-14 versus left-handed starters this season. I like Over 9 (-105) and the the Rays (-120) in this game.

Rangers @ Mariners — Cole Hamels gets his third look at the Mariners this season. Hamels is 0-1 in those two games, giving up 7 runs and 15 hits over 13 innings of work. He has a 4.44 ERA in four career starts against Seattle. Taijuan Walker gets his third look at the Rangers; this will be his first outing at home against Texas. Walker has held the Rangers to 4 runs and 16 hits over 13 innings of work. The value is on the Mariners (+115) in this game.