Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Wednesday Service Plays 9/9/15

Home Forums MLB Service Plays MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Wednesday Service Plays 9/9/15 Reply To: MLB Previews, Articles, Info, etc, Wednesday Service Plays 9/9/15

admin
Keymaster

STEVE MERRIL

Screen Shot Wednesday

Cubs @ Cardinals — St. Louis starter Carlos Martinez has shown some cracks as of late. The righty has allowed 3 runs or more in seven straight starts, and he’s simply not pitching as well as he did earlier in the season. Martinez has made two starts against the Cubs, giving up 8 runs and 11 hits in 9.2 innings of work. Chicago’s Jon Lester has a 1.54 ERA in six career starts against St. Louis. He beat the Cardinals in St. Louis back in May. I like the Cubs (+105) in this early game on Wednesday afternoon.

Mets @ Nationals — Washington’s Stephen Strasburg’s last start came on August 30th when he gave up 4 runs and seven hits in four innings pitched at home to the Marlins. Strasburg faced the Mets twice in April; he won in New York and lost at home. Jacob deGrom is 1-2 with a 3.68 ERA in five career starts against Washington. He’s not in the best of form right now either, having allowed 12 runs and 21 hits in his last three starts. I lean to the Nationals (-115) in this game.

Braves @ Phillies — For some reason, David Buchanan is back in the Majors and back in the Phillies’ rotation. Buchanan allowed 11 runs and 11 hits in just over an inning pitched to the Diamondbacks in Arizona in his last Major League outing. Buchanan is 2-7 with a 9.00 ERA in ten starts overall. Julio Teheran will get the start for Atlanta; he’s 2-0 in two starts against the Phillies. The Braves (-125) is the only way I would play this game.

Brewers @ Marlins — Milwaukee’s Ariel Pena will make his first Major League start on Wednesday night in Miami. He picked up a win in his first MLB appearance back on September 5th after going three innings in relief against the Reds. Pena only made seven starts in Triple-A Colorado Springs before coming to the Majors. It’s unknown how long he’ll last, and that makes this game a tough handicap.

Rays @ Tigers — The Rays will continue their streak of facing mediocre to poor lefties on Wednesday night when they see Detroit’s Kyle Lobstein. He’s 3-6 with a 5.02 ERA and 1.52 WHIP in nine starts. Lobstein gave up 6 runs and eight hits in his last outing at home against Cleveland. Tampa Bay’s Jake Odorizzi isn’t in the best of form right now. He has allowed 9 runs and 10 hits in his last two outings against the Yankees and Royals. Detroit has scored 5 runs or more in three of their last four games. I like Over 8.5 (-120) in this game.