Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: NBA • Wednesday Service Plays • 3/9/16

Home Forums NBA Service Plays NBA • Wednesday Service Plays • 3/9/16 Reply To: NBA • Wednesday Service Plays • 3/9/16

admin
Keymaster

Preview: New York At Phoenix

When: 9:00 PM ET, Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Where: Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, Arizona

The Phoenix Suns have recorded back-to-back wins for the first time since mid-November and aim for a third straight victory when they host the New York Knicks on Wednesday. Phoenix defeated Orlando and Memphis in its past two games for its first consecutive wins since posting three straight victories Nov. 12-16.

The Suns have won three of their last five games after suffering through a dismal 2-28 stretch and rookie guard Devin Booker sees the mini-streak as a sign that the team’s effort remains high. “We’re showing we’re not giving up,” Booker told reporters. “We’re not in the playoffs. A lot of people think this is the time for us to fold and get ready for the summer, but it’s not. We’re doing it for next year already.” New York has lost 17 of its last 21 games and opened a six-game road trip Tuesday with a 110-94 loss at Denver. The Knicks have lost 10 of their last 11 away games.

TV: 9 p.m. ET, MSG (New York), FSN Arizona (Phoenix)

ABOUT THE KNICKS (26-39): Forward Carmelo Anthony scored 30 points in the loss to Denver and is on a roll with five straight 20-point outings and a 26.4 average during the stretch. Rookie power forward Kristaps Porzingis isn’t operating so well after having six points on 3-of-11 shooting versus the Nuggets after missing the previous game with a bruised lower leg. “It didn’t affect how I played at all,” Porzingis told reporters. “I wasn’t thinking about it or anything during the game.”

ABOUT THE SUNS (17-46): With Phoenix far on the outside of the playoff race, the franchise can take opportunities to study players and see if they might be a fit for next season’s squad, and that was part of the reasoning with why the club signed 6-foot-8 power forward Alan Williams to a 10-day contract Tuesday. Williams went unclaimed in June’s NBA draft after a stellar college career at UC Santa Barbara and opened eyes with his summer league play — averages of 20.5 points and 11.8 rebounds for Houston — and a stint in China in which he averaged 20.8 points and 15 rebounds. “I’m just hoping I can make the most out of those 10 days,” Williams told reporters. “I hear they go by pretty quickly. I’m just going to soak it all in and make as much of it as I can and really enjoy, being from Phoenix, being able to put on that Phoenix Suns jersey.”

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Suns have won nine of their past 11 home games against the Knicks.

2. New York F Lance Thomas (left knee) was injured in warmups before the Denver game and an MRI exam revealed there was no structural damage.

3. Phoenix signed F Chase Budinger, who recently was released by the Indiana Pacers.

PREDICTION: Knicks 111, Suns 104