Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 3/9/16

Home Forums NHL Service Plays NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 3/9/16 Reply To: NHL • Wednesday Service Plays • 3/9/16

admin
Keymaster

STRIKE POINT SPORTS

2-Unit Play. Take #3 Chicago (-110)
over St. Louis
(8:00) p.m., Wednesday, Mar. 9)
Chicago’s league’s best power play will be on full display as the Blues once again try and defend them with one of the best penalty killing units in the league. This will be a major factor in tonight’s game. The Blackhawks power play is clicking 24.1 percent on the season but has gone 6 for 12 in the last four games. The Blues are killing off 86 percent of penalties but have struggled in the earlier match-ups against Chicago going 3 for 11 and 0-2-1 in those games. The division title is up for grabs and the top three teams are separated by only two points. I think Chicago’s defense is comparable to the Blues but I don’t believe the Blues offense can hang with Chicago’s. With that being said, I think Chicago is the better all-around team and will give the Blues trouble tonight.

*5-Unit* Play. Take #7 Anaheim (-140)
over Colorado
(10:00) p.m., Wednesday, Mar. 9)
Over Anaheim’s last ten games they are 9-1 and besides a shootout game against the Caps they would be perfect. The Ducks have been destroying everyone in their path and have registered 34 goals over the stretch while only giving up 17 to their opponents. Colorado is only 5-5 over their last ten games. When the Av’s are winning they are scoring 3 goals or more. This may be extremely difficult considering the Ducks are ranked 1st in the league in Goals Against (2.3) and are ranked 2nd on the penalty kill. Colorado actually bested the Ducks at the beginning of the season 3-0 but that is when Anaheim was playing their worst hockey of the season. Anaheim is 6-0 in their last 6 road games and I think they are playing better hockey than anyone right now. Take the Ducks against Colorado tonight.

3-Unit Play. Take #5 Nashville (-140)
over Calgary
(9:30) p.m., Wednesday, Mar. 9)
I am sticking with the hot team in this match-up and like Nashville’s odds tonight in Calgary. The Predators can match the club record tonight with its seventh straight road victory. They have gone 9-0-4 since their last regulation loss to Washington. The team is putting up large goal totals and still holding their opponents to 2.5 per game. They have put up 23 goals in the last 5 games while giving up 12. Nashville is ready for the playoffs and don’t think Calgary can slow them down tonight. The Flames are 2-9-2 since February 12th. Over that stretch Calgary lost 5 of 6 at home. Take Nashville in Calgary.