Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

Reply To: Week 4 – 'Thursday Night Football' Service Plays 10/1/15

Home Forums NFL Service Plays Week 4 – 'Thursday Night Football' Service Plays 10/1/15 Reply To: Week 4 – 'Thursday Night Football' Service Plays 10/1/15

admin
Keymaster

THE REAL ANIMAL SPORTS

3* Pittsburgh Steelers +3

Even without Big Ben I think the Steelers have a large enough arsenal of weapons to beat Baltimore. Two weeks ago the Ravens played their first game since 1998 without either Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, or Ed Reed. It has not been pretty. Baltimore has slipped to #21 in total defense and is allowing 28 points per game. Meanwhile Pittsburgh’s stop-unit is at 17.3 points a contest. Since looking good at Denver in week #1, the Raven’s have yielded an average of 32.5 points and 445.5 yards per game. Meanwhile how confident do you think the Steelers are defensively right now after allowing just two field goals at St. Louis and holding San Francisco to one field goal through three quarters at Heinz Field the week before? This isn’t the same Ravens we are accustomed to seeing.

Baltimore has now lost four straight meetings with Cincinnati and Marvin Lewis. Do you think that would have happened if Ray Lewis was still with the Ravens? Plus Pittsburgh has playoff revenge on their minds after losing to Baltimore at Heinz Field last year. I read an interesting piece today on how the Ravens are being penalized by Roger Goodell and the league after the Ray Rice embarrassment last year that was completely boggled by the commissioner and the NFL offices. There is no team that is being asked to play four games in 18 days to start the season like the Ravens. Plus Baltimore had to make two consecutive west coast trips to start the season.

Guys, this is my 36th football season and I don’t ever recall an east coast team beginning a new season with two long road trips. Last Sunday at home the Ravens were whistled for 13 penalties for 116 yards including a potential game-winning drive face-mask penalty by an offensive lineman? Plus tonight marks Baltimore’s third road game in four weeks off a short week. Again this just is never the normal for any team. There is no question Joe Flacco misses WR Torrey Smith. He caught 11 of Flacco’s 27 touchdown passes last year. Baltimore is #27 right now in rushing averaging just 3.3 yards per carry. Flacco only has a 4-4 ratio of touchdowns to picks. The Steelers have to be thrilled Torrey Smith is now with the 49ers.

Two weeks ago he had 120 yards receiving or almost double any other 49er had in yards. Plus six receptions including a touchdown. With Le’Veon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, Antonio Brown, Darris Heyward-Bey, Heath Miller, and Markus Wheaton, the Steelers have enough w/ Michael Vick to pull out a win tonight. I’m not expecting a ton out of Vick. But given the fact Andy Dalton and Derek Carr were a combined 50-of-78 the last two weeks for 734 and six touchdowns against the Ravens has me believing Vick can put up decent numbers tonight.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by admin.