Your Source for Service Plays and FREE sports Picks

♦ NCAA Division I Football Championship Game ♦ Saturday 1/9/16

Home Forums NCAA FB Service Plays ♦ NCAA Division I Football Championship Game ♦ Saturday 1/9/16

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

NEWSLETTER College Football Prediction From Raphael Esparza

Take North Dakota State (-3) over Jacksonville State (1 p.m., Saturday Jan. 9)
    The North Dakota Bison come into this Championship game winners eight straight, and their defense has been outstanding as of late. The Bison are coming off a big victory over Richmond, 33-7, and again the Bison defense ruled that game. In the Bison’s last four games their defense is only giving up an average of 6.5 PPG, yes under a touchdown in 4 games. The Jacksonville State Gamecocks offense has been putting up points at will, and they are coming off an easy victory over Sam Houston 62-10 and they have scored over 40 points in five straight games. Originally I thought take the points with the Gamecocks, but I see defense winning this game and I see the Bison winning by two field goals.

Keymaster

EZWINNERS

? FCS 1 Championship Game ?

5* OVER 56.5
    Jacksonville State vs. North Dakota State

Keymaster

Steve Merril

FCS Championship Game – Jan. 9th

Jacksonville State vs. North Dakota State (-3, 55.5) (12 pm ET, espn2)

My power ratings actually make North Dakota State -4 in this game on a neutral field, so there is some line value on the Bison, especially at -2.5 or less. Jacksonville State (13-1 SU) is the #1 overall seed, but North Dakota State (12-2 SU, #3 seed) played the tougher schedule this season in the Missouri Valley Conference and the Bison have plenty of experience, winning four straight national titles.

This championship game use to be played in December in Chattanooga, Tennessee with no bye week. However, the format changed in 2010 and there is now a three-week layoff with the championship game being played in Frisco, Texas. Since this change, the title games have been much lower scoring with total points of just 39, 23, 52, 42, 56 scored in the past five games for an average and median score of just 42 points per game. It appears the extended layoff has affected the offenses more than defenses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.