- Created: April 1st, 2016
- sports betting
Can Lebron and the Cavs Right the Ship with the Playoffs Looming?
By Don Phillips
Preview: Cleveland Cavaliers at Atlanta Hawks
When: 8:00 PM ET, Friday, April 1, 2016
Where: Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
The Hawks clinched a playoff berth for the ninth consecutive season, the longest active streak in the Eastern Conference and the longest run in team history.
Atlanta is 14-4 in the last 18 games, including four victories (three by double-figures), to move to a season-best 15 games over .500.
The Hawks’ 12 wins and .800 winning percentage (12-3) in March are team highs for any month this season.
The Hawks rank second in the NBA in assists per game at 25.7, dishing out at least 25 helpers 47 times, including 17 30 assist nights. The Hawks have handed out at least 20 assists in all but six games this year and are recording assists on 66.3% of made baskets (second in the league) and also ranks tied for fourth in A/TO ratio (1.74).
The Cavs have knocked down 10 or more three-pointers in a franchise-best 12 straight games. Cleveland is averaging 12.1 triples per game in the month of March (15 games), which is the 2nd-best in the NBA.
The Cavs have currently connected on 182 three -pointers this month, which is 3 triples shy of passing the Cavaliers record for threes made in a single month (184 threes in March 2015).
Over his last four games (since March 21), LeBron James is averaging 29.0 points on .564 shooting from the field, a .455 clip from the three-point line, 8.5 rebounds and 8.8 assists in 35.3 minutes. He was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for the 4th time this season after posting triple-doubles on March 21 (vs. DEN) and 26 (at NYK).
In Cleveland’s last meeting against Brooklyn on March 24, James made his first 10 field goal attempts on his way to a game-high 30 points, six rebounds and five assists in 35 minutes.
For the second straight season, Cleveland clinched the Central Division title after defeating Denver, 124-91, on March 21. It marked their 5th Central Division title in franchise history (1975-76, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2014-15).
Also in the win over the Nuggets, the Cavs reached the 50-win mark for 9th time in team history (1988-89, 1991-92, 1992-93, 2005-06, 2006-07, 2008-9, 2009-10 & 2014-15).
- Cavaliers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 vs. NBA Southeast.
- Cavaliers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Cavaliers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
- Cavaliers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games.
- Cavaliers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Cavaliers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Hawks are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NBA Central.
- Hawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Hawks are 13-5 ATS in their last 18 games overall.
- Hawks are 35-16 ATS in their last 51 Friday games.